Battle Creek, MI
Manufacturing Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the plant production department. This function is accountable for meeting production standards as well as maintaining a high productivity and efficiency rate for the hourly workforce. The Manufacturing Supervisor will work closely with the rest of the leadership team in the implementation of plant objectives as well as supporting the facility polices, programs and procedures.
- Supervises, directs and coordinates personnel activities concerned with production. This would involve but not be limited to knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, standards and machine and equipment capabilities.
- Interacts with plant management to establish production and quality standards.
- Plans and directs production activities and priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Reviews and analyzes production to determine causes of non-conformity with production specifications and operating or production problems.
- Thorough collaboration and effective communication with all appropriate parties, develops and implements methods and procedures to eliminate operation problems and improve product quality.
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering to modify machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Revises production schedule as necessary.
- Effectively communicates any changes in schedules, production or procedures to all shifts and employees.
- Directly supports the Manufacturing Manager in all aspects of daily plant operations.
- Manages performance and development of all of their direct reports.
- Ensure that training occurs for new employees as well as cross training of existing employees.
- Ensures compliance of practices, procedures and instruction relative to applicable facility standards (ISO,TO, ETC.)
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by management.
- Proven understanding of and experience in a manufacturing environment (robotic welding or metal stamping background preferred ).
- Prefer 3 to 5 years' experience in an automotive manufacturing environment in a leadership role
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach.
- Knowledge of PC's and software programs (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability and willingness to act in the role of a mentor.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal correspondence as well as an effective presenter.
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage their day.
- Strong understanding of machinery and equipment but with the ability to know when to assume the responsibility and when to delegate.
- Strong commitment to safety and quality.
- Availability to support/ operate on off shifts as required
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.