Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ, United States
MARKETING COPY WRITER
Marketing Copy Writer
Arizona State University
Researches, writes, and edits the creation of brochures and publications, advertising and other marketing materials which may also include on-line or web-based applications.
$50,000- $55,000 per year; DOE
· Meets with the programs team to discuss themes and objectives for an assignment, target audience and desired outcomes.
· Plans and writes copy for use by internal and external publications to promote the ASU Alumni Association and its programs and events.
· Ensures compliance to AP style guidelines, ASU style guidelines, clarity and alignment with university brand standards.
· Serves as backup editor/proofreader as needed.
· Conducts extensive research for the purposes of fact checking content and ensuring accuracy. Utilizes best practices in SEO and writing for the web to improve performance as it relates to search performance and page engagement.
· Utilizes best practices in email content development to improve open and click through rates. Actively balances a variety of projects, prioritizes workload based on deadlines and routinely reports progress on projects through project management tools.
· Consults with internal and marketing team to obtain information on copy or other variables, discussing style and length of the copy.
· Edits or rewrites existing copy as necessary, and submits subsequent drafts for approval.
· Writes articles, bulletins, speeches, and other related informative, marketing and promotional material.
· Reviews copy submitted by authors, staff or faculty members and edits material for accuracy, style and readability, recommending changes where necessary.
· Reads, proofs and/or supervises the proofreading of materials.
· Develops and maintains close collaborative working relationships with colleagues, faculty and outside constituencies.
· Assumes responsibility for updating content on the alumni.asu.edu website.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or related field AND five years of experience writing, editing, news reporting or editorial research; OR, nine years of progressively responsible experience in writing, editing, journalism or editorial research; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Experience in writing targeted, persuasive communications and marketing materials for a variety of audiences for major brands.
· Experience creating best-in-class communications.
· Experience modifying content as needed for different channels and platforms.
· Demonstrated knowledge of AP style and applying brand standards.
· Experience in working in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
· Experience with problem solving, decision-making and ability to contribute in a highly collaborative environment.
· Experience working as part of a team as well as independently on projects with minimal supervision.
· Experience writing for SEO.
· Evidence of effective communication skills.
· Experience managing work of contracted professionals and students who provide copy writing and editing skills is preferred.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The ASU Alumni Association works to advance Arizona State University by enriching the lives of more than 540,000 alumni around the world, students and friends and fostering their lifelong connections while continuing to provide services and programs to alumni. The ASU Alumni Association enhances the alumni experience, honors traditions, advances the university and strengthens alumni leadership.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's webpage.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 79282BR