As a Local CDL Truck Driver, you will be responsible for the safe loading, transportation, and delivery of gasoline, diesel fuel, Motor Oil, propane, tires, or merchandise to our truck stops or directly to a customer's place of business.
Other duties include:
* Conducting pre-trip inspection of truck and trailer
* Completing pre-shift safety inspection form
* Checking oil prior to starting vehicle
* Fueling truck
* Cleaning cab of truck
* Attending pipeline safety meeting
* Sticking tanks prior to, and after, delivery of fuel
* Remaining outside by hoses while making delivery
* Completing daily log
* Turning in pay sheets
* Training new drivers
* Scheduling time for truck to be washed
Oil and Gas Transportation
In this Local CDL Truck Driver role, you must be focused on safety, detail-oriented, and able to do the job right the first time!
Other requirements of the CDL Truck Driver role include:
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazmat, Airbrakes, Doubles/Triples, and Tanker
* Current D.O.T. physical examination card
* An excellent driving and safety record, a must!
* At least 2 years of recent Driving experience, preferred
* Previous experience in Oil and Gas Transportation, a plus
* Must pass Criminal Background Check, including Motor Vehicle Records, D.O.T., and Employment reference verification
* Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 80 pounds
* Vision requirements: Close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision
* Transport and deliver the products of Sapp Bros., Inc. in a professional, safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
* Hook and unhook trailers when required.
* Secure all case products, propane bottles, hoses and other essential tools required by the job, by using any company approved securing method, which will include, but is not limited to, the use of wrapped pallets, straps, tiedowns, etc.
* Install and remove tire chains when required by weather.
* Load and unload trailers when required while performing frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of products, hoses, propane bottles and applicable tools for the job.
* Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under State and Federal Laws and Regulations.
* Ensure that all operations are in compliance with State and Federal Laws and Regulations, as well as, the policies of Sapp Bros., Inc.
* Comply with all provisions as listed within the Sapp Bros., Inc. Employee Handbook.
* Represent Sapp Bros., Inc. to our customers, the public and the Trucking Industry in a professional manner at all times.
* Must hold a valid Commercial Driver's License with a Hazmat Endorsement. A Tanker Endorsement could also be required, in addition to the Hazmat Endorsement, for operating certain types of equipment.
* Knowledge of all applicable DOT Regulations and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
* Must meet all medical and safety standards required by the DOT Regulations, as well as, any company guidelines & policies of Sapp Bros Petroleum Inc. & SBT, Inc.
* Must have a negative result on all drug & alcohol screening tests, pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post accident and random.
* Able to remain alert while driving for periods of time, up to, 11 hours.
* Able to squat, crouch, and reach, as needed, to handle, secure and deliver our products.
* Able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab numerous times each day.
* Able to push freight weighing up to 1,000 lbs. on a dolly or cart and able to move product up to 80 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
* Able to frequently lift and carry product weighing from 1 to 80 lbs.
* Able to install and remove tire chains, when required by weather, connect and disconnect hoses, hook and unhook trailers, load, unload and secure all products using any company approved securing method.
* Able to handle any special equipment required in the delivery of our products.