The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Port Arthur, TX
Maternal Program Manager
Do you want to work in a family-like environment with unparalleled leadership committed to providing quality care? Come join our family at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
We're looking for a DYNAMIC Maternal Program Manager to join our team!
We offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and many other perks!
The Maternal Program Manager (MPM) is responsible and accountable for organizing, planning, and implementing education on the QAPI program and to assist the Womens Service Director on implementation of the maternal leveling application along with its requirements. The nursing activities on the unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician, and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary, and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice. The MPM is responsible for working with the OBGYN Physicians, Director of Womens Service and Quality, and the Medical Staff to ensure proper management of the maternal leveling requirements. The MPM is to aid in holding the staff accountable in adhering to the maternal leveling guidelines to ensure the safest practices for our labor patients and nurses.
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas with good standing at local, state, and federal levels.
- Demonstrates a current status on successful completion of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). NRP Instructor preferred.
- Demonstrates a current status on successful completion of Intermediate Electronic Fetal Heart Monitoring. EFM Instructor preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- Current STABLE
- Minimum 3-5 years of perinatal experience in a labor and delivery unit (L&D) in an accredited institution.
- Must be a clinically active and practicing registered nurse participating in maternal care at the facility where program manager services are provided.
- A high level of interpersonal skills including leadership and management.
- Computer literate
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), or Associate Degree in Nursing and enrolled in qualified BSN program.
- Certification in perinatal care preferred.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.