BASIS Educational Group
Math Teaching Fellow (Middle School)
BASIS DC is seeking qualified candidates for a Math Teaching Fellow - Middle School to start ASAP!
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nations most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and Collegial school community.
The Assistant Teacher Role
The Assistant Teacher role is to teach a select number of courses and/or sub for an existing teacher. The position allows you to learn the BASIS Charter School model and program, including many aspects of the school, and prepares you for full time classroom teaching or other roles.
Assistant Teachers have a visible presence in all areas of school life, assist with issues or tasks relating to the well-being of our students, and join their colleagues in maintaining a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture.
Depending on the campus, Assistant Teachers may engage in any or all of the following:
- Classroom teaching, both part-time and as a substitute
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Working with teachers in evaluating student progress, needs, and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing students non-scheduled time, including Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
- Assisting the schools Deans and Directors of Student Affairs with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting the schools Directors of Academic Programs with managing and executing key programs
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Charter School academic program and school model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining the highest professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Ability to work full time
- Willingness to take and pass the NES Elementary Education Assessment, if necessary
- Willingness to be considered for other campuses other than the original desired campus
- Willingness to acquire and maintain current practices in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS Charter School teaching methodologies
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.