Centers Health Care
New York, NY
Amsterdam Nursing Home is actively seeking an MDS Assessor or our Skilled Nursing Facility located in the heart of New York City.
- Completing accurate assessments, MDS & care plans as assigned.
- Initiating care plans and supporting activities as assigned.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the residents.
- Monitors MDS and care planning documentation for all residents; ensures documentation is present in the medical record to support MDS coding.
- Monitoring & auditing clinical records, ensuring accuracy & timeliness.
- Informing DON of persistent issues related to non-compliant documentation.
- Protecting the confidentiality of Resident & Facility information at all times.
- Attends IDT meetings and other meetings to gather information, communicate changes and maintain/update records
- MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH MDS 3.0
- Valid NY Registered Nurse RN License
- Long-term care experience required
- Must be highly organized, professional & motivated
- Should have solid computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be friendly and a team worker
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state of the art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report. AMS
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V MPC35