Centers Health Care
MDS / Unit Clerk
Sayville Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation is under NEW ownership!
We are actively seeking an MDS/Unit Clerk for work Part-Time (3 days a week) at our skilled nursing facility located in Sayville, NY.
- Basic administrative office functions; filing & data entry.
- Typing reports & correspondence as required, Assisting with the admissions/discharge process.
- Scheduling appointments for Residents when needed.
- Initiating & coordinating transportation approvals & schedules.
- Relaying vital information to Nursing Staff & Medical Team.
- Maintain medical records as per protocol, file medical charts as required.
- Provide unit staff with employee manuals & forms.
- Inventories unit/office supplies & performs all other related duties.
- Contacting insurance companies
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to Insurance Companies.
- Good organizational and customer service skills and the ability to interact with patients, families, staff, management, physicians, representatives of Insurance Companies.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pleasant phone manner & strong computer skills
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in LTC settings a plus.
- Should be friendly and a team worker
- A positive attitude and energy are a must!!
- Dependable and willing to work!
Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Sayville is a state-of-the-art facility providing long term and short term stays with dedicated quality care. We work tirelessly to make sure your loved ones are cared for across all levels of rehabilitation. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute-care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V SC45