Mechanic Engineer Senior
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.Pay Range
$26. 92 - $38.25/hrFlourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanical equipment, compressors, generators, and steam boilers, to provide for utilities such as light, heat and power for refrigeration, air conditioning, and other services for the hospital. Other responsibilities include those of general maintenance (e.g. electrical, plumbing, equipment maintenance and safety testing). Will provide excellent customer services when working with patients, visitors and other staff members. Works under minimal supervision and mentors/coaches less experienced facilities staff.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- High School diploma or GED
- Technical degree/certificate in a facilities related field, preferred
- Five years minimum experience in maintenance, operation and repair of building mechanical systems; including but not limited to boilers, liquid chillers, pumps, fans and air handling units, heat exchangers, and ancillary equipment.
- Knowledge with medical gas systems including medical air pumps, medical vacuum pumps, bulk oxygen, nitrous oxide and nitrogen and backup systems.
- Knowledge with Building Automation Systems and Computerized Maintenance Management systems
- Hospital facilities or healthcare construction experience, preferred
- Previous leadership experience, preferred
- Strong communication skills; ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic computer skills
- Stationary Engineer, Boiler Operator Class A & B, CFC and/or Journeyman certification preferred
- Valid state driver's license
Physical Requirements - Heavy Work - exert/lift up to 100 lbs force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs frequently, and/or 20 lbs constantlyYour Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
At Longmont United Hospital (LUH), we treat the entire patient to leverage the powerful the connection of body, mind, and spirit in the healing process. As a Planetree Designated Hospital, staff members adhere to the highest possible standards and Healthgrades ranks us as one of the Top Hospitals in the Nation for Patient Experience. Here, your time at work will be spent with a supportive team of staff and leaders that value self-care, flexibility and development opportunities through cross-training and continuing education. Longmont, CO, is home to 2,000+ acres of parks, three public golf courses and numerous trails to hike, bike, walk or run. Located less than an hour away from the Rocky Mountain National Park (ranked the 4th most visited national park in the country in 2017 by the Denver Business Journal), you'll have easy access to the very best Colorado has to offer.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We provide whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health we offer exceptional benefits to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Shift differentials
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for phone, cell phone plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.
If you do not see the pay for this position listed above or you see an estimate, it is because you are on a second party job board. Please visit www.centura.org/careers to apply and see the pay range for this role. All of our pay ranges are posted clearly on the Centura Health Careers site.