Oasis Behavioral Health
Medical Assistant - BHT
Since 1983, Sierra Tucson has led the way in addiction and behavioral health treatment in Arizona, across the country and internationally. Distinguished for comprehensive programs, innovative and effective therapies, and clinical excellence, personified by an extraordinary and highly credentialed staff, Sierra Tucson provides comprehensive treatment to identify and resolve underlying issues that cause behavioral health disorders. Patients receive the resources, support, and tools necessary for long-term change to occur, including one full year of continuing care and a lifetime of alumni services. Our serene, 160-acre campus is located in beautiful Catalina, Arizona, and is a place of peace, hope and healing.
As a Medical Assistant,
You will be responsible for providing personal care services to patients at the facility under the direction of nursing leadership, to include:
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety and provide excellent customer services.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment.
- Responsible for conducting safety checks and ensuring that supervision is conducted at 15 minute intervals, as noted in special precautions, or in accordance with individualized supervision guidelines as needed.
- Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient's medical record.
- Assist in providing a safe, secure and comfortable environment for patients, significant others and staff.
- Interact routinely with patients, observe behaviors and communicate significant observations to nursing staff.
- May oversee or assist patients with activities of daily living, including toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, meals, snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
- May obtain patient's vital signs, height and weight as assigned and document in patient record.
- Facilitate patient educational-rehabilitative groups which cover a variety of topics including social skills, and independent living skills.
- Engage patients in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
- Complete and maintain required documentation. Assist with follow-up and paperwork as required on incidents and events that may take place in the facility.
- Coordinate transportation with appropriate staff member.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Six (6) months or more experience working in a behavioral health facility preferred
CPR, First Aid, CPI/NCI certification (training available upon hire)
Fingerprint Clearance Card
Medical assistant or nursing assistant preferred
In addition to working for a premier treatment center with competitive pay, our employees enjoy these other great benefits:
Three medical plan levels, dental and vision insurance
HSA, FSA, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Insurance
401k with Company match
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Employee Discount Program
Generous PTO, Sick Time, paid holidays and professional development reimbursement
Our Core Values
Relationships We respond promptly and respectfully to all concerns. We actively focus on listening with intent to satisfy needs, ensuring that people always feel valued. We aim to develop quality outcomes to drive satisfaction, loyalty, and opportunities to serve.
Integrity We act honestly, consistently, and fairly in order to provide the highest ethical standards.
Compassion We demonstrate warmth, sensitivity, and positive regard to patients, residents, family members, and others. We hold a sacred space as we walk with them on their journey.
Excellence We provide highly reliable service, supported by evidence-based research, in our continuous pursuit of innovation in order to attain quality outcomes.
Teamwork We strive to work in collaboration with others in order to create a common vision
Sierra Tucson Mission
Our mission to provide a safe place for emotional, physical and spiritual healing with a collaborative community of professionals who provide insight, understanding and empowerment enhanced by a lifetime of alumni support.
Position is full-time, evenings. Salary dependent on a candidate's experience and qualifications.
Equal opportunity Employer