Mountain Park Health Center
Medical Assistant II-Family Practice-Goodyear
The Medical Assistant II provides excellent patient experience and medical care in accordance with MPHC guiding principles under the direction of the provider for medical care.
BACK OFFICE DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Maintains CLIA-waived testing log (s) and ensures compliance with all checking and documentation of CLIA waived testing and sterilization equipment
- Handles sterile and dirty instruments used in the departments according to instrument processing procedures.
- Keeps exam rooms/procedure rooms stocked/set up according to departmental guidelines.
- Maintains, cleans and calibrates medical equipment to meet quality assurance and infection control guidelines (logs). Reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor; takes equipment out of service.
- Documents chief complaint, takes and records vital signs and completes history questions per procedure.
- Uses proper charting procedure, i.e., noting date, time signature and job title.
- Plots growth grids in pediatrics.
- Manages telephone messages from their assigned to pods daily.
- Call patients that are no show for appointment and scheduled them in the appropriate timeframe per department.
- Records and documents all injections and/or immunizations given, including lot #, location and initials orders in accordance with procedure.
- Manages EHR tasks for their assigned care team daily. This includes Labs/DIs, TEs, Documents, actions and consult pending.
- Completes chart prep for assigned provider daily to include review of ASIIS and enter in EHR as appropriate.
- Utilize and/or schedule interpreter services as needed by the patient.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Checks immunizations and supplies for expired items
- Restocks sterilization area and other shared areas with supplies including but not limited to urine cups, needles, gauze, band aids.
- Ensure biohazard and sharps containers are properly disposed of or emptied.
- Check fax outbox to ensure there are no failed faxes for assigned provider.
- Completes daily accountability board
- Must be able to adapt to working with different providers teams when needed for coverage
- Attends meetings and huddles as scheduled by the department.
- Participates in preparing department for internal and external site audits
- May assist in training new Medical Assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
FRONT OFFICE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and confirms patient appointment
- Provide excellent customer services and enhance patients experience
- Verifies and confirms insurance, eligibility and benefits coverage
- Ensures assignment of PCPs and entry into medical home
- Receives and updates patient demographics information
- Collects and posts payments
- Follows the cash reconciliation policy
- Follows appropriate workflow
- Utilizes MPHC systems to resolve patients needs related to coordination of care
- Ensures HIPAA compliance
- Interviews and engages patients on health information
- Completes all necessary forms per MPHC guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Communicates and answers phone calls
- Monitors the waiting area
- Processes and responds in a timely manner any EHR or business practice tasks
- Promotes and supports the integrated efforts within MPHC patient centered medical home
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program - diploma or certification of completion
- 2 years of MA experience (external candidate)
- Graduate of internal MA Orientation Program
- For Internal Candidates must be in good standing per MPHC standards and meet the following:
- 2 years experience plus 6 months at MPHC are eligible
- New grad - 1-year experience at MPHC
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current CPR Certification.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.