Pompano Beach, FL
Medical Assistant | Kendall, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this position:
Albion Healthcare's Division has a client looking for a Medical Assistant to work at the Kendall, FL area. Provides support to various staff by coordinating patient flow, providing patient care, facilitating registrations, and assisting with scheduling
- Uses service recovery to resolve patient related problems with a positive outcome. Communicates with supervisor in a timely manner when issues arise. Welcomes and orients patients/caregivers/SO to physical environment. Escorts patients from the waiting area to procedure room in a timely manner. Informs customers when delays occur. Schedules patients accurately using hospital scheduling computer system. Activates accounts on day of treatment.
- Obtains patients vital signs, height, weight and documents on the medical record. Reports abnormal findings to registered nurse.
- Provides basic care (i.e.: removal of dressings and skin care), as directed. Identifies and immediately reports any hazards that may result in alteration of the patient's well-being.
- Moves, turns, transfers patients into treatment chair or bed using proper body mechanics. Uses assist devices (i.e.: Hoyer lift) properly. Follows Universal Precautions. Informs appropriate staff/leadership of changes in patient's condition.
- Maintains control board and flow of patient care through the unit to minimize waiting time. Documents patient care times on schedule. Assists patient/caregiver/SO in preparation for discharge.
- Maintains cleanliness of patient care areas, removes instruments from room using biohazard containers, uses approved germicidal cleaner to clean treatment bed, makes unoccupied beds, discards trash and removes linen hampers when full according to infection control policy.
- Counts and processes dirty instruments, uses sterilization sheet for processing transports to central services for processing using approved carrying device. Obtains sterilized instruments and pharmacy supplies in morning prior to clinic day. Drops off pharmacy changes at end of clinic day.
- Transports specimens to the laboratory in a timely manner. Maintains department logs as assigned. Assist in maintaining filing system for department including patient records. Audits patient records for dictated notes and other documents as needed.
- Adheres to safety and emergency standards. Identifies situations of emergency and initiates emergency procedures (i.e.: code blue, code white, code green, internal and external disaster codes).
- Pre-registers patients in hospital computer with accuracy and completeness to ensure quality registrations. Takes patient insurance information and updates insurance secretary of new registrations. Maintains updated list of insurance companies per physician. Reviews daily schedules of expected patients to ensure all patients have been registered.
- Participates in unit based performance improvement program.
- Demonstrates motivation and self direction. Is readily available in assigned area. Notifies supervisor when required to leave the unit.
- Keeps updated on new department procedures, new insurance information to facilitate accurate registrations.
- Assist administrative staff with financial counseling of patients, explains financial obligations, and collects patient co-pays. Maintains financial journal, deposits monies with cashier, and provides daily collection report.
- Assists patient/legal representative to accurately sign face sheets of chart prior to treatment.
- Transports medical records and acts as messenger as needed. Assist with special projects. Completes in a timely manner.
Three years experience in related field. Excellent verbal communication skills. Knowledge of general office equipment. Registration experience a plus. Must be customer oriented and demonstrate a positive attitude. Ability to communicate in a manner consistent with system goals for quality customer service. For ADA criteria specific to Wound Care refer to the word document.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Kendall, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.