La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as a Full Time Medical Assistant. In this position, the Medical Assistant will perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of the Medical Director, including maintaining medical records, taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing clients for appointment, or other duties as instructed by Medical Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Verifying patient information by interviewing client, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit, measuring vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records. Completing patient, family, medical, and social histories as required. Explaining treatment procedures, medications, diets and psychiatrist and/or nurse practitioner instructions to client. Assisting in obtaining informed consent for medications. Administering injectable medications as ordered by the psychiatrist/nurse practitioner. Securing client information and maintaining client confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping client information confidential. Conducting wellness education as directed by the site administrator. Handling telephone outreach to high needs patients in order to encourage compliance with medications and with appointments. Assisting psychiatric liaison with duties which may include calling in prescriptions, obtaining lab results, and completing prior authorizations.
- HS Diploma/GED required & graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants. Course of Study: Medical Assistant.
- One to two years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- English/Spanish Bilingual proficiency is required.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and customer services skills.
- Must be able to obtain a fingerprint clearance card or have possession of one.
- Computer literate with knowledge of and skill in using basic word processing.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all contacts, internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-task environment and prioritize work to accomplish successful outcomes.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.