Steward Medical Group
OnSite Care is looking for an exceptional Medical Assistant to join our team at our Salt Lake City clinic!
This is a full-time position, Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This position will work both front and back office. For the most part, your time will be spent in the following ways:
- You'll be the support for a one provider practice.
- You'll keep rooms neat and clean, and prepare rooms for the visits, procedures and patient exams, ensuring the provider has the equipment necessary for the procedure type, and patients are prepped appropriately.
- You'll get to know the provider's preferences and actively communicate with the provider to ensure you are providing the level of support necessary for the provider to effectively treat and care for patients.
- You'll check patients in and gather the necessary paperwork and prepare patients to be seen by the provider by obtaining vital signs and gathering the necessary information from patients for their visit. Information will be documented into the EMR, which may include the reason for the visit, documenting their vital signs, updating their medications and doses, review and updating their allergies, gathering any past medical and surgical history, and reviewing any updates to family and social history.
- You'll obtain patient's vital signs, complete any point of care testing required for the visit type, and ensure patients receive the highest level of customer service possible.
- You'll act as a chaperone for your provider during patient exams as requested, and assist with any procedure or exam requested by your provider.
- You'll perform point of care testing, administer vaccines and injections, obtain ECG/EKGs, and perform phlebotomy to obtain lab samples ordered by provider.
- You'll follow up on lab work, act as a liaison between patient and provider, provide patients with prompt responses to inquiries, and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- You'll remember the experiences you have had as a patient and the experience you hope to have as a patient, and provide your patients with the experience you hope you and your family to have when receiving healthcare.
- You will remember you are a member of a team, and do your best to give everything you can each day to support your team.
- Most importantly, you'll provide patients with an exceptional experience at every opportunity!
What you'll have to be successful in this role:
- Successful completion of a Medical Assisting program or equivalent experience.
- You will have to had experience performing phlebotomy and giving children injections.
- You will love working with patients and customers and have experience providing customer service.
- You will be passionate about working in healthcare, and want to work for a company that is making healthcare affordable and accessible for patients.
- You will be dependable, accountable, and courteous and value quality and continued improvement in everything we do.
- You will be a team player, and value the contributions of each person on a team.
In a perfect world, you will already have: (*We are always willing to train the right person!)
- You will have at least 1 year of experience working in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Experience working in a Family Practice and/or Pediatrics.
- Experience working with an EMR
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is definitely a bonus!
Why Join OnSite Care?
- Competitive salary
- Monday through Friday - No Nights or Weekends!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- We buy you 5 scrub tops as needed
OnSite Care provides healthcare solutions for some of Utah's greatest companies. We operate Family Practice clinics located at employer's worksites/corporate office/factory, etc. The OnSite care experience is a philosophy of providing service that is based on creating a positive experience at every opportunity. It is connected to every interaction with everyone that touches our company; patients, co-workers, business partners, and venders. Our mission is putting the care back in primary care through patient engagement and doing the right thing for the right reason. We work to drive healthcare innovation by improving health outcomes for employers and their most valuable asset - their people.
Our founder built OnSite Care Clinics with the idea that work should be challenging yet rewarding. We emphasize integrity, honesty, courtesy, teamwork, and partnerships. We embrace diversity and celebrate both individual and team success.
We truly believe in what we do and we know a thing or two about changing the face of healthcare. So join us on our mission. We intend to keep disrupting and innovating and have a good time along the way!
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check, as well as the ability to provide proof of TB test completed within the last year and record of Hep B series.
OnSite Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer