Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Mesa, AZ
To greet all members attending appointments with their provider, collaborate with nursing staff and assist as needed. Coordinate care with outside providers and assist with administrative duties as they pertain to meeting member needs. Collaborate with the clinical teams and their support staff. Promote health and wellness practices to the members we serve. Focus is on ensuring the members have a pleasant experience while in the clinic.
- Greet and collect vitals, verify patient information, complete warm handoff to provider.
- Educate on identifying side effects to medications and assist the members in communicating their side effects to provider if needed.
- Assist providers and nurses with coordinating care with outside providers and other tasks, as needed.
- Collaborate with clinical teams on an ongoing basis.
- Make recommendations to members on groups or other treatments that may improve overall health and wellness.
- Complete Prior Authorizations, assist with medication refill requests, and other administrative duties.
- Maintain same day documentation of all interactions with members.
- Collaborate with Integrated Care Coordinator to engage members in activities that promote health and wellness.
- Experience in de-escalating violent behavior or behavior harmful to the members or others and/or crisis management;
- Proficient in clinical documentation; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows all CPLCs policies, procedures and protocols.
- Must maintain a great deal of confidentiality and integrity.
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality and attendance as set on the work schedule.
- Must be a collaborator and work as a team.
- Be 21 years of age or older;
- Be a certified Medical Assistant or a Patient Care Technician prior to the year 2000.
- Have at least one-year experience in behavior health.
Computer Skills: MHS, MS, Internet, Outlook
Licenses, Certification, etc: Medical Assistant Certification or the equivalent.
Sitting for long periods Driving
Standing for long periods Kneel
Lifting 0-30 lbs. Bend Stoop
Alternative work hours (Between 5:00p.m.-8:00a.m.)
Working on a computer 4- 6 hours a day
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Chief Medical Officer. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.