La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as a Medical Assistant. This position is full time position. In this position, the Medical Assistant will perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of Medical Director. Administrative duties may include maintaining verifying patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical, family, and social history, confirming purpose of visit. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing clients for appointment, or other duties as directed by Medical Director.
Primary duties include:
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical, family, and social history, confirming purpose of visit
- Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
- Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight and temperature; report patient history summary
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Counsel patients by relaying physician's orders and answering any questions
- HS Diploma/GED required & graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants. Course of Study: Medical Assistant
- One to two years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- English/Spanish Bilingual proficiency is required.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and customer services skills.
- Must be able to obtain a fingerprint clearance card or have possession of one.
- Computer literate with knowledge of and skill in using basic word processing.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all contacts,internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-task environment and prioritize work to accomplish successful outcomes.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.