Medical Assistant- Salida, CO
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.Pay Range
$17.00-$23.33/hrFlourishing Begins Here
Centura Health's Medical Assistants are highly-valued team members with an important voice in this organization. Our MAs, in partnership with clinic staff and operations, created a structured approach to a more effective, efficient work day with appropriate workloads and a clearer path for professional development. In addition, we've also established one of the first-ever MA Apprenticeship programs with an accredited local college to educate and prepare future MAs for success.
Assumes a supportive role and has responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the delegation of medical services as defined by State Medical Practice Act. May perform a variety of clinical tasks as directed by an authorized health care provider in accordance with the Centura Health Physician Group Scope of Practice. May assist with front office duties and scheduling of tests and/or patient appointments. Responsible for accurate chart documentation and medical record maintenance. Attends / conducts in-service presentations and seminars to facilitate personal and professional growth. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.What You Bring/Job Requirements
Qualified external applicants eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus! A quarterly bonus may be paid to eligible associates (0.50-1.0 FTE) based upon organizational and individual performance.
Colorado Only: Pay Ranges Begin at $16.50 for Non-Certified Medical Assistants and $17.00 for Certified Medical Assistants.
Medical Assistants are essential to delivering whole person care to our patients. Centura Health offers a Medical Assistant Clinical Ladder to support growth and development within the system.
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- One year experience preferred
- Clinical skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
- High School diploma required
- Diploma from an accredited medical assistant's program and externship completed is preferred
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant, is strongly preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required
Chaffee County Cardiology920 Rush Drive Ste. ASalida, CO 81201
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
#IN-CENTURACaring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!