Medical Billing Specialist
Become a part of our growing team at our Phoenix facility! As a Medical Billing Specialist for our Infusion Accounts Receivable (A/R) Department, you will be responsible for completing Patient Financial Services (PFS) tasks such as billing and/or accounts receivable follow-up with payers and maintaining quality and productivity requirements as outlined in the position performance expectations. You will process and submit accurate and timely claims to payers, analyze and research unpaid claims, and assist in the resolution of denials, partial payments, and payment variances.
Additional responsibilities of the Medical Billing Specialist include:
- Maintain and release all-ship-verified claims for all third party claim (commercial or government) accounts within established time frame as assigned
- Resolve errors and make claim edits assigned in work queues
- Follow work list prioritization of accounts as established by department policies and procedures for resolving accounts and/or submitting claims
- Contact payers and patients when necessary for PFS processes
- Request relevant information from appropriate Revenue Cycle and clinical departments as required through the course of the PFS processes
- Make necessary adjustments to patient demographic, insurance, and account balance information
- Complete A/R adjustments where permitted and appropriate; request other adjustments where permitted and appropriate
- Comply with and adhere to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures (including HIPAA and PCI compliance requirements), and "leading practices
-18+ months performing healthcare reimbursement, medical insurance billing or related work
-1+ years working with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
- Prior related healthcare Revenue Cycle experience, preferably within Collections and Billing
-Knowledge of healthcare billing, collections practices, and/or infusion service
-Exceptional communication, customer service skills, and phone etiquette
-Familiarity with customer service expectations, computer processing, and medical and billing office terminology
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.