Lone Star Family Health
Medical Office Specialist (Conroe)
The Medical Office Specialist is responsible for all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Communicating with patients and providers.
- Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Reminding patients of upcoming appointments, and pre-visit planning.
- Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls.
- Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration by verifying and updating information in Patient Management as needed.
- Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics, routing appropriate patients to financial counselor for screening and qualification for Sliding Fee Discount or other programs.
- Checking-out patients and properly documenting follow-up appointments.
- Copying and faxing duties.
- Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
High School graduate (or GED) required.
Bilingual English and Spanish required.