Merchandising Specialist * (71915)
The Merchandising Specialist is responsible for representing Capital, effectively working in teams or individually to perform resets and other work including, but not limited to, reading and implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, corrections, and inventory activity.
Please Note: The position will include driving around Northern California and will have stops ranging from Hayward to Vacaville. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Building Collaborative Relationships
Innovation / Creativity
Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Work with Account Manager and/or Sales Manager in assigned stores to conduct resets in specific store sections
- Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship
- Remove discontinued and slow moving items from shelves
- Clean shelves, racks and display cases
- Measure shelves for correct height and width, move shelves as necessary
- Re-tag product in its new location
- Stock/fill sections with product and create displays
- Report and discuss observations and issues with Home Center Account Manager and/or Sales Manager
- Utilize web based applications to receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work time and attendance,and document resets and/or other activities
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned reset and other work
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma required and/or 1-2 years customer service experience in retail is preferred but not required
- Proficient at prioritizing, planning, and organization
- Able to read and understand a schematic written in English
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
- Attention to details, safety and quality
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Must be outgoing and able to accurately troubleshoot hurdles.
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, and prioritize complex problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing technology CRM, smartphones or other handheld devices
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation to assigned locations at assigned times
- Must be to travel to assigned stores and meetings as needed
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds 40% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.