Centers Health Care
Centers Laboratory is actively seeking an experienced Microbiology Technologist for our Laboratory in Brooklyn, NY.
Performs lab tests in the areas of bacteriology, mycology, mycobacteriology, parasitology. Identifies bacteria and susceptibilities, molds, yeast, parasites, Tuberculosis and other related organisms. Performs clinical laboratory procedures, examinations and other tests pursuant to established protocols including maintaining equipment and records, and performing quality assurance activities related to examination performance requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility.
- Sets-up and performs a variety of routine and/or complex laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area. Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports results.
- Follows established in-process quality control procedures including recording data.
- Performs routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals, reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems, and methodologies.
- Maintains sufficient supplies at the work station.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities.
- Uses Infection Control practices and procedures including, but not limited to, wearing gloves, goggles, protective masks, and other safety equipment.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelors Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or related degree, preferred.
- Current certification through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), preferred.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, required.
- Candidate must have 6 years of experience of which 5 were in microbiology.