Gunnison Valley Health
Mobile Crisis Clinician
Work Hours: 8, 10, 12 hour shifts
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. With Behavioral Health as a focus, we are looking for someone who will provide care and immediate behavioral health services to our clients while contributing to the quality of care and community collaboration of the Behavioral Health team.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in Gunnison Valley Health
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiasts mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
To be seriously considered for this role, youll need to have:
- Education Masters degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field. (We are able to consider Master's in Counseling and Master's in Social Work candidates for this position in the event that a waiver from CDHS OBH is approved.)
- License/Certification Colorado state license preferred (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, License Professional Counselor, or Licensed Marriage Family Therapy)
- Experience Two years experience in crisis role or proficient in risk assessment for suicide, homicide and grave disability.
As the Mobile Crisis Clinician at Gunnison Valley Health, you will deliver and document individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention and case management services to clients. You will assess and triage individuals who present for help with behavioral health issues. Youll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Ensuring continuity of care: an immediate and professional evaluation, collaboration with proper agencies, referral to appropriate type of service and advocacy after the initial crisis.
- This position is expected to answer calls for the crisis line, travel to locations within the 2 counties of Gunnison & Hinsdale (including jail settings) for evaluations.
- Crisis Clinician will also be required to conduct assessments on scene working alongside first responders.
- Must have a skill at assessing level of risk, maintaining boundaries, handling and resolving recurring problems, keeping composure in any situation, and establishing priorities while working independently.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.
Compensation: $26.80/hr - $33.94/hr, depending on experience.