Mortgage Loan Collector II
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Loan Collector II is proficient in assisting with collections for PrimeWest Mortgage Loans in compliance with all regulations and established by internal and investor policies and procedures. This individual assists in overseeing the collection of overdue payments and offers solutions to borrowers who are needing financial assistance.
- General collections responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, where multi-tasking is key to ongoing success.
- Remains up to date on changes to investor delinquency guidelines.
- Completes necessary research on any outstanding items, checks for accuracy, completeness and compliance in accordance with the investor guidelines and internal policies.
- Assists customers with Loan Modifications, Recast, etc.
- Assess the borrower's ability to pay.
- Evaluate the customers circumstances and educate the customer on next steps of action.
- Document all actions taken, including telephone conversations.
- Maintains consistent attendance to ensure fulfillment of essential duties and responsibilities
- Pulls reports from operations systems.
- Sends notices and letters to borrowers that are delinquent to offer assistance.
- Works closely with appropriate personnel to resolve outstanding items and find solutions.
- Submits delinquency reports to each Investor and governing entity on a monthly basis.
- Images/scans/indexes documents.
- Oversees adherence to all laws and regulations pertaining to mortgage lending.
- Provides excellent customer service with varying levels of administrative support to the company, in areas such as handling and routing incoming calls to appropriate team members, greeting visitors via telephone, email and walk ins, and receiving and distributing incoming mail.
- Complies with all Banking Regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- High School or
- GED required
- 3-5 years of experience in banking or mortgage servicing preferred
- Coursework in accounting or bookkeeping preferred
- Prior experience in mortgage servicing/investor relations preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and bookkeeping preferred
- General knowledge and experience with loan documentation associated with various types of mortgage loans preferred
- Working knowledge of FICS preferred
- Experience completing research on outstanding loan items or following up on customer questions or complaints preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations, compliance requirements, and the organizations loan policies and procedures preferred
- Strong attention to detail and quality standards
- Able to problem solve. Track record of effectively prioritizing when to refer issues to the manager versus attempt to solve them independently.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, team environment and independently
- Knowledge of federal compliance guidelines for FNMA, FreddieMac and Government loans
- Knowledge of Investor Guides and use of Allregs
- Proven leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals in a timely manner
- Strong customer service skills (in person and by phone)
- Collection or Call Center experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven individual
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.). Ability to learn other computer software systems
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will