Ocean Springs, MS
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
|Department:||Loan Officer Assistants|
|Location:||Ocean Springs, MS
Want to be a part of a dynamic company and team? Amerifirst Financial is Looking for you! Are you an Experienced Licensed Loan Officer Assistant? We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to grow to the next level with us!
**Pay Commensurate with Experience**
**Must Have an Approved Mississippi MLO License within 90 days of Hire **
Executive Summary of Position:
AmeriFirst Financial is involved in all aspects of retail mortgage lending and works to provide borrowers, local realtors, and others in the mortgage and real estate industry with a comprehensive selection of loan products and uncompromised service at competitive rates. The Loan Officer Assistant works in partnership with one or more AmeriFirst Loan Officers exercising a high degree of skill and judgement to meet the financing needs of the company’s clients. The Loan Officer Assistant ensures that all minimum performance standards of the Loan Officer role are met: complete loan application, all upfront compliance disclosures are completed and signed by all parties, borrower documentation necessary to qualify is collected and submitted to processing, and a 90% or greater COE success ratio is maintained.
- Assist Loan Officer(s) in developing and maintaining relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, financial planners, and other referral sources
- Meet with borrowers when requested to collect and analyze their information regarding income, assets, investments and/or debt in order to advise borrowers regarding different and detailed loan programs, including but not limited to fixed and variable rate loans, FHA and other government-insured loans, debt consolidation loans, interest only loans, and the advantages or disadvantages of different financial products and investment options.
- Assist in evaluating possible loan scenarios and determine which financial products meet the borrower’s unique needs and financial situation.
- Ensures that all necessary disclosures (state, federal, and company specific) are provided to client as required
- Liaison with processing department to obtain documentation necessary for loan approval
- Provide continuing counsel and customer service to borrower throughout the entire loan process.
- Comprehend all functions of a real estate transaction in order to advise borrower regarding the same.
- Comprehend financial markets and stay informed of changes relevant to the mortgage industry, including local housing trends, markets and interest rates.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example through the sharing of knowledge and skill to promote a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, skills, Abilities and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- More than 1 year working in a similar position or as a Loan Officer
- Loan Officer Assistants must be licensed through the state of Arizona (Loan Origination License through NMLS).
- Represent AmeriFirst Financial in a positive way in dealing with clients and other employees
- Includes common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Language skill include the ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or vendors
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Required is that of basic personal computing including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.