Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
|Department:||Loan Officer Assistants|
Want to be a part of a dynamic company and team? Amerifirst Financial is Looking for you, We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to grow to the next level with us!
- $16.00 - $21.00 per hour + $25 - $75 per file**Compensation Commensurate with Experience***
- In Office (Non-Remote) :1560 Fulkerth Rd., Turlock, CA
- Assist Loan Officer(s) in developing and maintaining relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, financial planners, and other referral sources.
- When licensed, meet with borrowers when requested to collect and analyze their information regarding income, assets, investments and/or debt in order to advise borrowers regarding different and detailed loan programs, including but not limited to fixed and variable rate loans, FHA and other government-insured loans, debt consolidation loans, interest only loans, and the advantages or disadvantages of different financial products and investment options.
- Assist in evaluating possible loan scenarios and determine which financial products meet the borrowers unique needs and financial situation.
- Ensures that all necessary disclosures (state, federal, and company specific) are provided to client as required.
- Liaison with processing department to obtain documentation necessary for loan approval
- Provide continuing counsel and customer service to borrower throughout the entire loan process.
- Comprehend all functions of a real estate transaction in order to advise borrower regarding the same.
- Comprehend financial markets and stay informed of changes relevant to the mortgage industry, including local housing trends, markets and interest rates.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example through the sharing of knowledge and skill to promote a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Should have at least 1 year of experience working in the residential mortgage industry and know all the information that should be in a loan file.
- Loan Officer Assistants must be licensed through with Mortgage Loan Originator License within 90 Days of Hire.
- Represent AFI in a positive way in dealing with clients and other employees.
- Includes common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Language skill include the ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or vendors.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Required is that of basic personal computing including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: The Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.