Mortgage Loan Processor
|Department:||Operations - Processing|
Want to be a part of a dynamic company and team? Amerifirst Financial is Looking for you, We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to grow to the next level with us!
- $22.00 - $26.00 per hour and $75 - $150 per file***Compensation Commensurate with Experience***
- In Office(Non-Remote) :1560 Fulkerth Rd., Turlock, CA
Executive Summary of Position:
Employee is responsible for processing and closing a minimum of 15 loans monthly while maintaining a pipeline conducive to meeting the minimum requirement. Employee must maintain a quality rating of 90% or greater (defined as percentage of loans approved at initial submission to Underwriting). Employee is responsible for the secure and accurate accumulation of loan documentation. Employee must ensure the timely and compliant closing of all types of residential mortgage loans within established deadlines.
- Maintains a secured environment to process loan files.
- Procures verifications for credit items which include, but are not limited to: employment, asset information, rental history, credit reports, etc.
- Researches and verifies account information and resolves problems for customers as needed.
- Liaisons with third party vendors (appraisal, title, insurance, etc) to obtain necessary documentation for loan approval.
- Reviews documentation and provides conditions for loan approvals needed to comply with underwriting guidelines: borrower documentation, credit, and collateral documentation.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data to fit established parameters set by industry.
- Understands and uses computer programs and systems for the tracking and processing of loans - LOS and AUS systems.
- Provides support duties for management and loan officers as needed.
- Ensures that all necessary disclosures (state, federal and company specific) are provided to client as required.
- Communicates any concerns on possible misrepresentation or fraudulent documentation/activity to Branch Manager and/or Processing Supervisor, if necessary.
- Communicates any and all issues affecting loan process and approval with applicable loan officer.
- Works with underwriting and closing departments to ensure that quality of loan submissions is consistent with maintaining the efficiencies of the loan file flow.
- Communicates concerns or suggestions on improving overall systems to Processing Manager when appropriate.
- Assists with problem-solving when issues arise that involve the successful closing of requested residential loan.
- Maintains necessary pipeline management to ensure timely closings of all loans at a 90% COE success ratio or higher.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate in a positive teamwork environment through example and sharing of knowledge and skill.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Desired Skills and Experience
Current experience in a paperless environment
Minimum experience of around 3 years
Current experience with both Conventional & Government loans
Current experience with mortgage banking employer (not entire career at either big bank or builder mortgage company)
Current experience with Encompass.
Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.