Brown-Forman Cooperage Louisville
Louisville, KY, United States
Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Brown-Forman Cooperage is the one of the world's largest producers of whiskey barrels. A subsidiary of Brown-Forman, the cooperage makes white oak barrels for maturing some of our finest brands, including Jack Daniel's, Old Forester, and Woodford Reserve.
The Maintenance Multi-Craft Mechanic is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all production equipment, systems and facilities. In addition, the maintenance employee may be involved in new equipment and machinery installation, equipment and facilities upgrades and redesigns and is involved in the recommendation and selection of new equipment and facilities changes.
Pay is $30.29/hr plus shift differential to start.This wage is 90% of the full wage and will increase to the full wage rate of $33.66/hr plus shift differential within 1 year.
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Pay
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• 401K Savings Plan
• and much more…
Specialized Skills Required
• General mechanical aptitude and knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment such as motors, pumps, conveying systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
•Machine repair – disassembles machines, finds worn or broken parts, makes decisions as to what is wrong with machine, cleans machine, has bad parts repaired or orders new parts. Reassembles the machine. Tests the machine to make sure it is operable. Someone else must test on stock for actual machine operation. Works on machinery powered by hydraulic, electric, air, etc.
• Excellent welding skills
• Strong electrical abilities and knowledge of both single and three-phase electrical systems and the ability to diagnose basic electrical problems and replace motors and equipment
• Knowledge of PLC and facilities systems such as lighting, water and plumbing and the ability to maintain and repair these systems
• May work alone or with another person or persons, as directed by the project
• Must be able to find the trouble and through his/her own effort, carry through the project
• High school diploma or GED
• Previous experience in maintenance in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• A command of basic math skills including counting, adding, subtracting, precision measurement, etc.
• Ability to pass a drug screen, physical abilities test, and background check
• Ability to work weekends and daily overtime as needed
• Ability to work afternoon shift (2nd shift) or night shift (3rd shift)
Full body mobility and the ability to move about in a production environment to include:
• Bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing and twisting on an occasional basis.
• Lifting and carrying from the ground to waist height and pushing, pulling and maneuvering up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Ability to work in confined spaces and in a non-environmentally controlled workplace, working at varying heights and in the outdoors
• Certifications in welding or a journeyman’s electrical certification
• Experience in woodworking facility
• Pipe fitting / machinist experience
• An ability to self-motivate
• Time management skills
The work environment at the Cooperage is subject to dirt, saw dust, oil, grease, heat, fumes and noise of varying degrees. Possible exposure to weather for short periods of time is also possible. The plant is heated but can be cold in the winter and is hot in the summer.
Please submit your most up to date resume OR apply with us online today for immediate consideration! We have limited positions available. You must apply online to be considered for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.