Queen Creek Unified School District
Queen Creek, AZ, United States
Network Administrator (7288)
Posted over 1 month ago
- Network Administrator (7288) JobID: 1428
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
To provide professional support and resolution for critical district systems, while working with the Central IT Team to continually promote a safe and efficient learning environment for students and faculty.
- Bachelors degree in CIS and/or professional network certifications, with an additional 4 years of on the job IT field experience, desired. Advanced abilities in installing and optimizing network systems, phone systems and server/desktop applications may be equivalent to bachelors degree or certifications.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 preferred
- Previous programming experience with network switches and routers preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
- Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Proficiency with scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
- CISSP, CCNA,CCNP, or other technology certifications a plus
- Must pass fingerprint and background check
- Knowledge of Synergy, SASI or other student information system preferred
- Advanced troubleshooting abilities in an enterprise environment with swift problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, administrators and stakeholders.
- Experience with sensitive and confidential documents and information.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 days (12 Months)
COMPENSATION: $64,438 - $76,638
BENEFITS: As per policy GDD
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
HOURS: 40 hours per week and may require longer hours
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Configure and manage important server roles such as AD, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, File Services, Print Services, server backups and disaster recovery.
- Configure and maintain district network equipment including web filtering, security, and network appliances such as Cisco ASA, Ruckus ICX, Sophos UTM, and Ruckus Zone Director.
- Monitor and manage the flow of traffic and the security of network links, internet links, server traffic and network equipment using tools such as SNMP, sflow, jflow and event logs.
- Identify district IT needs and initiatives. Create and document new processes, manage the implementations, and coordinate hand offs.
- Collaborate with the IT Director in engineering and managing large scale roll-outs, network upgrades and future site openings.
- Ensure all network devices are up to date and protected using WSUS, Sophos Central AV and other applications.
- Maintain Chrome devices, district Gmail accounts and distribution groups in the Google domain.
- Write XML files, batch files and PowerShell scripts to automate system and user tasks, and to create user accounts.
- Provide last point of escalation for computer and network technicians and other support personnel.
- Help with the continuous updating and improvement of district Windows and Server images and the imaging process.
- Assist in network design and implementation.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Install and configure computer network equipment.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Provide network support to users.
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Compile data from a variety of sources and prepare reports ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial, legal, and /or administrative requirements
- Compose documents to convey department information
- Assist internal and external auditors and schools with recordkeeping tasks
- Maintain high level of confidentiality with school district records and data
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Information Technology Director
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear and smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and bend, stoop, kneel or crouch
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religin, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientacin sexual para la admisin y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prcticas de empleo y contratacin. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las plizas de no discriminacin: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Ttulo IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Seccin 504/ADA, Director de Educacin Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.