Peoria Unified School District
Glendale, AZ, United States
Posted over 1 month ago
- Position Type:
Information Management Technology
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Establishes and maintains network performance.
- Builds network configurations and connections.
- Troubleshoots network problems.
- IP address auditing.
- Establishes networking environment by designing network configuration and directing system installation.
- Defines, documents, and enforces network standards.
- Maximizes performance by troubleshooting network problems, outages, and scheduling upgrades.
- Configures routers, APs, and servers as part of the network infrastructure.
- Updates data servers and network equipment.
- Collaborates with engineers, and LAN techs on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain and control computer networks and related computing environments together with structure software, programs software, hardware, and configurations.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software, hardware, and other network and system problems.
- Create the design and implementation of new solutions and improve the resilience of the modern surroundings in terms of network infrastructure.
- Must perform disaster recovery operations as related to the district network in coordination with the IT department
- Need to monitor overall network operation to insure it is performing optimally for our user community.
- Must carry out the configuration of routing and switching equipment for all related network infrastructure.
- Professional certification or equivalent work experience (e.g. CCNP, CCDP, CCNA)
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Working knowledge of network functions (WAN and LAN) and Network & Data protocols (i.e. VLANs, IP addressing, routing & switching)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. Logic Monitor network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS)
- Experience implementing and managing Firewall, Wireless, and ISE required
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Experience with Internet VPNs remote implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management.
- Must have sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify incumbent to work at the highest technical level on all phases of network administration, security, and engineering.
- Five years experience working in advanced operating systems and server technologies.
- Extensive understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, principles of routing, client/server programming, virtualization, and the design of consistent network-wide files system layouts.
- Highest level of knowledge and experience with the architecture of new technologies to design or redesign network infrastructure.
- Highest level of knowledge and proven skills with large, complex IT network Infrastructure required.
Position Title: Network Engineer
Department: Information Management & Technology
Supervisor: Director of Network Operations
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: The network engineer will be responsible for maintaining and administering our school districts computer networks. Their duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, and related software. They will be responsible for replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary, and for designing, implementing, monitoring, and managing the local and wide area networks of our school district to ensure maximum uptime for users. This engineer will implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. The role can include system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of new network hardware, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Extensive knowledge and understanding of network infrastructure as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelors degree in computer science or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.