ExecuTech Strategic Consulting
Network / Systems Administrator
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Network/System Administrator to support our client in Fort Lesley J Mcnair, Washington D.C.
As an Network/System Administrator, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots network performance issues.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
- Must have good communication skills and be a team player.
- Must have an IAT Level II certification certification per DoD 8570.01 policy.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience/combined education); with 2+ years of demonstrated experience in systems administration.
Clearance: must successfully complete a background investigation such as NACI or Public Trust.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular