Overall Job Objective
Under limited supervision, maintains, diagnoses and repairs Cisco network and switch router systems and telecommunications infrastructure for the Ak-Chin Indian Community.Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of two (2) years full-time experience as a network systems technician is required OR any combination of training, education or experience which demonstrates the potential ability to perform the duties of this position. This includes experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis and repair of Cisco network, switch and router systems and telecommunication infrastructure and protocols. Must have a solid working knowledge of computer systems, network, and telecommunications including Microsoft Windows operating systems, IP networking, network best practices, troubleshooting and the utilization of Cisco software and Microsoft Office applications. Must have a valid Arizona Driver's License and be able to meet the Community's insurance carrier requirements. Must successfully complete a background check.Examples of Duties
CompTIA A+ certification is preferred.
CompTIA A+ certification is preferred.
- Responsible for the maintenance of network systems, including the telecommunication and infrastructure support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of network systems, including the configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and replacing of network and telecommunications equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of telecommunications systems, including the testing and replacing of network associated network and telecommunications equipment.
- Works with manufacturers, vendors, contractors, and other third-party entities to support the Community's network and telecommunication systems.
- Responsible for the condition of all Community-provided network tools and equipment.
- Attends meetings, training sessions, and/or reads relevant material and manuals to keep current on new developments in security system practices, hardware and software.
- Provides network installation, configuration, one-on-one training and assistance to computer users for network systems-related services.
- Maintains the accuracy of all network-related documentation.
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with Information Systems procedures, safety practices and Community policies.
- Communicates and coordinates well with others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Skill in and knowledge of computer, network and network equipment, principles and practices.
- Ability to maintain and configure network and telecommunication system components.
- Ability to maintain and configure IP and telephony systems and all associated equipment.
- Ability to maintain and configure a variety of network and telecommunication systems.
- Knowledge of network devices such as routers, hubs and switches.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, utilities and commands.
- Knowledge of IP data network configuration, troubleshooting principles and techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve a wide variety of computer network problems.
- Ability to instruct, train and/or coach less-experienced technicians and other employees.
- Ability to assist with a variety of Information Technology projects.
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in using productivity applications including electronic mail, calendars and spreadsheets.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate records of security-related equipment configurations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, co-workers, supervisors, contractors, vendors, and elected leaders.
- Must possess and exercise good customer service skills.
- Skill in maintaining a professional demeanor during stressful situations.
- Skill in understanding and following oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions.
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions in accordance with established departmental and Community policies and procedures.
- Ability to promptly and accurately perform a wide variety of time-sensitive duties and responsibilities.
- Must possess the ability to work safely on ladders and to lift & carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and integrity in the performance of all assigned tasks.