Centers Health Care
Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Suffolk Center is actively seeking an Occupational Therapy Assistant to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Patchogue, NY.
We offer the following:
Great Benefits Package
Professional Growth & Stability
Innovative Training Programs
And much more!
COTA Duties Include:
- COTA's Select therapy activities to fit Residents' needs and capabilities.
- Assist Residents in carrying out daily activities.
- Monitor Residents' performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Teach Residents how to use special equipment to assist with daily function.
- COTA's Work in collaboration with the OT to establish a rehabilitation plan.
- Supervise Residents activities to ensure they are done properly.
- Report the Residents progress to the OT.
- Handle administrative/clerical tasks.
COTA Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited OTA Program
- Current New York State OTA License
- Experience in long-term care settings preferred
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a premier 120-bed facility offering unparalleled medical care to our residents, with specialized programs in long term care, short term care and Wound Care. Our dedicated short term rehabilitation program offers residents the specialized care they need in order to maximize their potential and return home. Suffolk Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.