Off Duty Officer - CCW Required
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal, culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. We are North Americas leading security services provider with over 265,000 phenomenal employees protecting over 50,000 client sites. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Off Duty Officer - CCW required
**Prior Law enforcement experience
Pay Rate: $35 hourly
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Off Duty Officer. This position is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, sick pay (in states where required), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Act in accordance with the state and federal law as per departmental policies and associated training
- Performs general law enforcement duties including patrolling, checking property, maintaining order and public safety
- Issues traffic and parking citations
- Apprehends and questions arrest suspects
- Collects and preserves evidence
- Conducts investigations
- Responds to and assists in all medical emergencies.
- Assists in conducting fire drills and evacuating buildings
- Provides security escorts for personnel
- Attends required periodic training sessions and seminars
- Maintains required level of proficiency in the use of firearms
- Performs other duties as required to meet the clients needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent for non-driving and 21 years of age for driving positions
- Active Duty Post Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- Required licensing as necessary per state guidelines
- Knowledge of law enforcement procedures
- Skill and ability to follow-up with investigations
- Ability to make law enforcement related decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. With over 265,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.