It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the companys success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor has rated us one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.!
The Operations Specialist position provides on-going support and coordinates various operations initiatives within the department to support field operations. The employee will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Operations to maintain company policies, procedures, and drive toward strategic goals. This position is key in the success of the Operations Support team and building relationships between the field and the Store Support Center.
- Support day to day Store Support Center (Corporate) Operations initiatives
- First point of contact for store related questions and inquiries; responds or follows up as necessary
- Represents and will speak on behalf of store managers at the Store Support Center
- Assists in customer service escalations and letters to customers
- Coordinate Operations processes such as quarterly awards, operational alignments, gift cards, uniform program, debt collection process
- Maintains the Operations Policies and Procedures via the Knowledge base (Confluence) and finds opportunities for new informational content
- Manage relationship with vendors and decision maker on adding/removing accounts
- General administrative support of Corporate Operations team
- Coordinate gathering feedback and results from multiple geographic areas, departments and positions among the company
- Balancing multiple duties and time constraints with excellent time management
- Projects as assigned and defined by Sr. Manager of Operations, Sr. Director of Operations, and Chief Operating Officer
- Proactively finds solutions to hurdles encountered to ensure timely completion.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Demonstrable ability to organize work for multiple executives and prioritize effectively
- Thorough knowledge of, and strong skill set for a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft office applications including word processing, spreadsheet, email and database program capabilities to determine best approach for assigned project.
- Excel knowledge recommended - Pivot Table, Subtotal, Conditional Formatting, Table Styles, Charting, Data Analysis and Grouping tools.
- Able to work independently of direct oversight and as a team
- Customer centric attitude and drive to satisfy internal and external customer needs
- Current Drivers License required
Education and Experience
High School graduate or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree preferred. Two to four years experience in a management, operations support, and\or analysis role.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- 24-hour access to an on site fitness center
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.