Penske Saint Louis North Park
Kinloch, MO, United States
Operations Supervisor Warehouse - Supply Chain Logistics
Are you an energetic and team-oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have:
• a proven ability to supervise processes as well as activities and tasks?
• a demonstrated ability and desire to succeed, grow, learn, and apply new skills?
• a have proven record to motivate, engage, coach, and communicate with team members?
• a demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and lead change?
Penske Logistics is seeking proven leaders with relevant experience and skills to join our team of logistics professionals. We are seeking candidates to provide leadership at one of our grocery warehouses in Kinloch, MO. The warehouse is a 900,000+ square foot building.
Operations Supervisors provide direction at a single location, leading staff to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives. They also provide operational leadership to individual contributors and the hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including selection, loading/unloading of trailers, cross-docking, and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Additionally, they supervise most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. They are also responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to the written warning level. Operations Supervisors are involved in the hiring process and customer meetings, as necessary.
The shift is 2nd shift with a start time of 1pm. Off days will vary.
In this role, Operations Supervisors will be eligible for participation in Penske Logistics Bonus Plan. The bonus will pay 3% of the base salary at Threshold Performance, 6% of the base at Target Performance, and 12% of the base at Max Performance.
• Establish and sustain that all associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives.
• Establish and sustain that performance standards are communicated that are specific and measurable -Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire
• Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance standards and provide coaching and counseling to associates
• Motivate and engage associates by focusing on team accomplishments and recognition Operations
• Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation, and procedure control
• Conduct team meetings
• Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase the productivity of warehouse operations
• Assist in new associate training
• Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift. Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution
• Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
• Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc.
• Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability
• Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets
• Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in alignment with the location safety strategy
• Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures
• Conduct safety observations
• Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
• Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives -Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts
• Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of warehouse equipment
• Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand the safe and efficient operation of equipment
• Work with vendors to ensure equipment is maintained
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by the manager
• 2-4 years of related functional experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to actively listen are required
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
• Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility to run the operation with a sense of urgency
• Must have the ability to connect and build rapport/relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
• Must have the ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills
• Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
• Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
• Experience with inventory management systems preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit.
• The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske Logistics:
Penske Logistics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning, and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.