Operations Trainee - Production 1st Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Management Trainee at our Lakeland, Florida Manufacturing Plant. This position gains knowledge and experience for greater promotional opportunities in management positions under direction of experienced personnel. The manufacturing management trainee program is an exciting opportunity for you to apply knowledge in your area of focus in a manufacturing environment managing Carpenter Co.'s direct to retail and direct to consumer product offerings for top of bed products. The main objective of this program is to provide management trainees with the knowledge and skills necessary within their discipline of focus to advance within the Company.
This position will assist the Plant Manager and Division Manager in the daily operations of the plant in order to learn and acquire competencies necessary for future department leadership opportunities.
Become familiar with processes, machinery, and supervision of manufacturing procedures.
- Work with the Plant Manager to assist in the operation, management, and supervision of various departments.
- Quality, reporting, and scheduling.
- Manage all of the department personnel and assets and generate a profit.
- Identify and develop capable people with the talent to contribute to the company.
- Manage and maintain a safe operation as per all company standards and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production/operating reports, resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Approve daily production schedules and plan future production requirements.
- Ensure the adherence to the daily agenda, monitor and adjust as require.
- Review and approve all department personnel time records on a weekly and/or bi-weekly basis.
- Ensure company policy is being communicated and adhered to.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Chemical, Engineering or Manufacturing/Industrial field preferred
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus
- Willingness to work as a team member in a hands-on" production environment
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Bachelor's degree
- 0 - 4 years experience in a manufacturing environment