Rise Services, Inc.
OR Residential Coordinator - Ontario (56313)
RISE, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Coordinator / House Manager in Ontario, OR area. This position involves managing a residential group home that supports individuals who are diagnosed with Developmental Disabilities and/or Mental Health issues. Frequent contact and communication with families, managers, county/state personnel and Direct Support Professionals are necessary. This position includes direct-care responsibilities along with managerial and administrative responsibilities.
This role encompasses managing the schedule and employee relations of Direct Support Professionals, grocery shopping, meal planning, creating and implementing chore lists, making sure medications are given properly and on time, as well as any other plans of support that are needed for these individuals.
- 2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities required.
- 1 years of experience working in a group home setting required.
- 1 year of supervisory experience required.
- A desire, interest, and experience in working with people with disabilities or special needs required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must.
- Detail-oriented and able to work with and abide by state and organizational rules and policies.
- Strong multi-tasking, communication, and problem-solving skills required and some college preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record required.
KEY ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible to recruit, hire, coach, train, evaluate, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). Verify and approve timecards.
- Train DSPs on safety and financial plans and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined including emotional and cognitive support, activities of daily living, role-modeling, positive behavior supports, personal protective interventions, promoting choice, and maintaining safety.
- Develop, write, and update Individual Support Plan (ISP) documents in partnership with the individuals team.
- Oversee client financials and monthly budget for the program..
- Act as representative and advocate regarding any medical or financial matter for the clients in the program.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSPs, and clients.
- Quickly and effectively respond to and guide staff during emergency situations and natural disasters per RISE guidelines such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
RISE offers a range of benefits including flexible schedules, competitive wages, medical and dental insurance, paid time off and 403B saving and retirement plans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.