Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Assist with the care of orthopedics patients.
- Apply and remove casts, splints, and other orthopedic devices under the guidance and supervision of attending medical staff.
- Size and apply orthopedic devices to patients, such as: ace wraps, upper and lower extremities braces, boots, wrist splints, post-operative prosthesis, crutches and canes.
- Provide technical assistance and advice concerning casts, splints, braces as directed by the provider. Provide verbal or written cast care instructions to patients, answer any and all questions they may have about their casts, splint, or other orthopedic needs.
- Maintain orthopedic equipment and supplies as directed.
- Responsible for drawing up and preparing injections.
- Manage chart preparation for provider and ensure efficient patient flow during clinic.
- Suture removal, maintaining sterile equipment, ordering supplies and assisting surgeon in clinic and hospital as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with injections under the direct supervision of the orthopedic physicians.
- Promotes safe and effective use of medical equipment and supplies.
- Maintain a sanitary work area to include patient exam rooms, equipment and instruments; reports equipment malfunctions; stock supplies.
- Fill out FMLA and patient forms. Book surgeries for the provider(s) and all diagnostic tests.
- Obtain authorizations for surgeries, tests and visco injections.
- Promptly reports any unusual patient conditions, responses, or concerns to the provider.
- Responsible for completing basic competencies in addition to departmental specific competencies.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
- Participation in Compliance and other important training is a condition of employment.
- Graduate of a Medical assistant program and/or Graduate of a training program as Orthopedic Technician
- Orthopedic casting/splinting experience preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.