Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Outlet Associate - Irvington Outlet
Are you right for Goodwill?
Our mission to provide jobs and training to people to gain skills and achieve independence is why we do what we do. Our success happens when all team members believe in and support our mission and live by our values every day. If you will contribute to our mission, live our values, and commit to doing your best, please complete this application. If you cannot commit to do all of these things, please stop here and do not complete the application.
With the right team members, we can realize our vision where all people have the opportunity to reach their potential and contribute to our community.
How this role supports our mission:
The Outlet Associate provide great customer service; transports merchandise to sales floor, stocks shelves; rotates merchandise, displays merchandise, and operates the register.
What we require from you:
- Minimum of six months experience in a retail store operating a cash register; counting money and making change.
- Pleasant and friendly attitude.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English and have a basic math aptitude.
- Ability to realistically assess values of merchandise.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and be able to stand for long periods at a time; bend, reach and stretch repeatedly during a shift.
- Ability and willingness to perform all job tasks with a positive attitude.
- Communicate in an honest, polite, and well-intentioned manner.
- Do the right thing
- Demonstrate internal Company Values at all times.
- Maintain good customer relation; greet customers, offer assistance in selecting merchandise and offer alternative or additional merchandise when the customer is making a purchase. Greet every customer with Good Morning (afternoon) as they routinely perform their duties, offers assistance as indicated and thanks them for their purchase.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the store; stock merchandise, return merchandise to the proper place, rearrange merchandise moved by customers, dust, sweep, and all other housekeeping duties.
- Assist in rotating merchandise according to established procedures.
- Accurately operate a cash register, including sales, voids, over-rings, correct pricing, inventory control, receipting to customer, accepting money, credit cards and making change. Responsible for cash register funds including before and after counts, daily reports, and accounting for overages and shortages.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals.
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Sick Leave
Company-paid Telemedicine plan
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Long- and Short-term Disability
Identity Theft Protection
403(b) retirement plan
30% employee discount
Criminal background screenings will be conducted on all eligible candidates. Only convictions that could impact this position will be considered.
We encourage all national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ