New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day.Location:
Waynesboro, VAHourly pay rate:
Payday is whenever you want it. With Anytime Pay, you can instantly cash out up to 50% of your earnings immediately after your shift.
Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page
Youre on your way to joining the team that helps get packages, big and small, to customers in rural areas! This part-time role gives you the opportunity to work shifts as little as 1 to 5 hours, or combine shifts to work up to 12 hours a day, in the late night and early morning hours - allowing you to make the most of your days. What this job will be like:
The Rural/Super Rural warehouse is the final stop for orders on their way to customers in rural areas. Youll stay active during your shift as you receive trucks full of orders then prepare them for delivery. You'll load conveyor belts and transport and stage deliveries to be picked up by drivers. You will be cross-trained in all positions, making each day a little different. As a Rural/Super Rural Associate, youll get to do things like:
- Receive truck deliveries and unload packages onto conveyors
- Use pallet jacks and dollies to move large packages
- Use technology like smartphones and handheld devices to scan, sort, and prepare orders for delivery
These duties may rotate frequently based on customer demand and business need. Shift details:
If you need flexibility in your schedule, this job allows you to choose from available shifts on each of your scheduled days. You will enjoy this flexibility while earning reliable pay.
What its like inside the warehouse:
- Your work days will not be fixed and you will have the option to select your shift times
- Individual shifts can range from 1 to 5 hours, allowing you to work up to 12 hours a day, depending on how you combine them.
- Shift times vary and will range from 9:30pm - 9:45am to ensure we meet customer-promised delivery times during the day.
- Youll have the option to work 0 -19 hours per week.
- You must work 12 hours in the calendar month to remain an active employee.
- Flexibility is key.
You will also need to be able to:
- Your safety is important to us.
- Well give you protective gear, such as a facial covering and safety vest to wear.
- Temperature checks are being conducted at sites around the U.S. Anyone registering a temperature over the CDC-recommended 100.4F will be asked to return home and only come back to work after theyve gone three days without a fever.
- Associates are expected to follow social distancing guidelines, participate in safety exercises such as daily stretching and share safety tips with co-workers.
- On Day 1, youll be offered free safety shoes you get to choose from a catalog of choices.
- You will work around moving conveyors and machines.
- Youll be on the move for your whole shift. Your shifts will include standing in one place for long periods, walking around, and climbing stairs. You will need to wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- Even with climate controls, temperatures in some parts of our warehouses may vary between 60F and 90F. Temperatures can go over 90F in the truck yard or inside trailers on hot days.
- It can get noisy. We will give you hearing protection, if you need it.
- The dress code will follow Amazons Global Non-Customer facing Dress Policy.
- Lift up to 49 pounds and use safe practices and methods to handle products heavier than 100 pounds.
- Stand and walk, as well as push, pull, squat, bend, and reach frequently during shifts lasting up to 6 hours
- Use carts, dollies, and hand trucks to move products around
- Go up and down stairs (for sites with stairs)
- Holiday pay
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Employee discount
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more here: https://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/benefits Whats next?
Learn more about our hiring process here: http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/amazon-hiring-processAmazon is hiring for the following types of roles in your area:
RURAL SUPER RURAL - The Rural/Super Rural warehouse is the final stop for orders on their way to customers in rural areas. Youll stay active during your shift as you receive trucks full of orders then prepare them for delivery. You'll load conveyor belts and transport and stage deliveries to be picked up by drivers. You will be cross-trained in all positions, making each day a little different.