Packaging Line / Service Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Directly supervises 8 - 12 employees on 2nd Shift - packaging parts from all the manufacturing processes (plating, painted and sub assemblies). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Assures that manufactured product meets or exceeds all customer expectations, both internally and externally, by performing the following duties personally or through other employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates to internal departments the requirement of the customers releases to be too acquired for shipment.
- Analyzes data to reduce non conformances of the packaging process.
- Ensures that all associates are using and following all policies, procedures and work instructions of the Service packaging process.
- Auditing of process and products to ensure customer specifications.
- Quarantine defective product until resolution of process can correct problems.
- Develop instructions as need or update for changes to product or process.
To perform this job successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer and employees of organization.