Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
Freedom has rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, youll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. Its a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing whats right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Were growing and adding a new role to our Legal Department. As a Paralegal, you will work with a team of attorneys, and staff focused on meeting Freedoms various legal needs, including legal and regulatory research, corporate governance, and advice and support with respect to state and federal rules and regulations for the lending operations. Working with the team, you will assist with the implementation of new loan and banking products, support the business compliance with applicable consumer lending and privacy regulations, and help develop policies, procedures and systems to enhance the efficiency of the legal department and responsiveness to Freedoms various businesses to an ever-changing regulatory environment.
- Provide legal research support for new and recurring reviews of industry regulatory standards in privacy, banking and secured and unsecured lending.
- Maintain corporate governance documents for all FFN companies.
- Implement and maintain annual review process for business line contracts and documents.
- Establish and maintain deadlines for reporting and delivery to management.
- Work with the Legal Department and business leaders within Freedom to maintain consistency in the Legal Departments delivery of services to the company.
- Assist with strategic initiatives to increase the effectiveness of the Legal Department, as needed.
- Provide general administrative support to the Legal Department including production and intake of documents.
- 5-10 years of experience in paralegal or other legal support positions, corporate law, consumer lending, banking, privacy, finance and corporate governance experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; ability to juggle and prioritize various tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously and partner and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Strong computer skills with experience mastering computer software programs.
- A strong drive to succeed and exceed goals.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth theres a lot of opportunity for
- Consistently voted a Best Place to Work in Phoenix multiple times by our employees
- Competitive compensa
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Benefits start within 30 days.
- 401k with employer match.
- 2 weeks paid vacation (increased with tenure).
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days.
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday.
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFNs Talent Acquisition leader.