Davis Wright Tremaine
Paralegal - Client Experience Team
As a Paralegal, you will provide support for an innovative client project team that handles a variety of legal requests. Primary responsibilities include reviewing legal requests such as subpoenas, liens, garnishments, and civil investigative demands to triage and assign for handling; use of client tools to query data and to submit requests to client; overseeing tracking systems; data entry; and serving as a liaison with the client. Other tasks include drafting correspondence and escalating legal questions.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail-oriented and have a demonstrated history of exercising sound judgment and possessing strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Type, format, and edit correspondence and legal documents, with short notice and tight deadlines
- Collect, organize, and save data and documents on a daily basis
- Use of client query tools to search for data and to submit requests to client
- Analyze basic legal requests and escalate for attorney review, as needed
- Occasionally make simple court filings
- Frequent communication by telephone, email, and mail with outside parties such as creditors and debtors; counsel within and outside the firm; project team members; clients; and various government agencies
- Answer, screen, and respond to phone calls
- Accurately and completely record billable time spent and tasks performed in accordance with firm policy and client-imposed billing protocols; enter and release time promptly in compliance with the firms announced deadlines
- Initiate conflict checks
- Enter data into tracking systems
- Other duties as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years paralegal experience
- Interest in technology in the work pace and technology companies
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong skills in word processing and computer use: ability to type 65 wpm with high accuracy
- High attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential materials
- High level of energy; able to work at a fast pace; multitask; and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat or Nuance
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
Who We Are
A Bachelors degree is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.