Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Parent Resource Coordinator - Leupp, AZ
Location: Leupp, AZ
This position will facilitate a school base family resource center, empowering parents through parent education and providing basic needs and referrals. Encourage and support the implementation of parent involvement activities; provide advocacy and support services information to families about community resources and assist them in assessing appropriate services. This is a part time/29hr. week position.
** Due to COVID 19, this position will adhere to all FUSD precaution and protocol. Some duties will be temporarily remotely until COVID restricted are lifted.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software relevant to community mapping and resources.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Should possess strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Travel to and from program sites, transporting program materials.
- Bachelors degree in social services, behavioral health, or related preferred or any combination of special skills and experience to perform the job.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children and parents; demonstrated ability to form supportive and nurturing relationships with multi-issue families.
- Knowledge of child development and parenting skills.
- Capable of working with diverse cultural populations.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have access to safe transportation with appropriate Arizona drivers license, automobile insurance as required by the State of Arizona.
- Must pass background check and able to qualify for fingerprint clearance card.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Navajo preferred.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Maintain Resource Center in designated school.
- Make contact with families referred by designated referral sources to engage families (recruit and retain).
- Assess family need for parenting skills training and/or community resources, develop an action plan with the parents and assist the family members, when needed to implement the plan.
- Develop and implement programs for children at the school as requested by school personnel.
- Development, implement and facilitate the Active Parenting program.
- Compile resources lists of services available for families and make appropriate and timely referrals.
- Provide information regarding the status of the family to referral source on a regular basis.
- Provide ongoing support to family according to action plan.
- Keep accurate statistics and data as required by Parenting Arizona (PA) and funding sources, submit timely reports to supervisor.
- Assist in program evaluation.
- Attend staff meeting and other local meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Attend workshops/seminars to enhance abilities within job description.
- Develop a network with agencies and community referral sources in conjunction with other PA staff.
- Speak to parent groups, schools, agencies, organization, etc., in promotion of the program and PA.
- Work Closely with PA staff and collaborators in support of the agencys total services.
- Perform other duties as requested by Supervisor.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Program Supervisor. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.