YMCA of San Diego County
San Diego, CA
$11.50 - $13.06/Hour
# of Openings:
The Jackie Robinson Family YMCA is seeking energetic and friendly staff that are committed to making a real difference in the lives of those we serve, working together to offer a foundation to the community. When you get involved with the Y, you’ll become a part of a community committed to help you learn new things and make new friends at any stage of your life.
As a Custodian you will provide general custodial work. You will also be responsible for maintaining and providing routine scheduled cleaning. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Custodian Does…
- Repair minor damages to facility (tile, carpet, windows, plumbing, electrical) as needed.
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned.
- Maintain all garden areas – clean, watered and free of weeds.
- Maintain all exterior areas (parking lot, pool deck, walkways, etc.) clean and functioning.
- Maintain gym equipment (weight room machines) – clean and lubricated.
- Complete painting projects as assigned.
- Research and minimize cost in the purchase of products used for maintenance and repair.
- Suggest and discuss repair and preventative maintenance projects with supervisor.
- Complete all maintenance, clean up projects, work orders assigned in a timely manner.
- Assist with special events, meetings and programs as needed.
- Work with volunteers, participants, members and community as needed.
What We Look for in a Custodian…
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Basic knowledge of custodial duties.
- Knowledge of building repairs such as painting wall patching, striping, and buffing floors and minor plumbing repairs
- Performs landscape and custodial tasks as needed.
- Ability to carry out instructions and perform work safely.
- Ability to lift 50-60 lbs. safely and operate various motorized equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Able to communication clearly and positively.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.