Phoenix, AZ, United States
PARTS SALES REPRESENTATIVE (18946)
The Parts Sales Representative reports directly to the Aircraft Services Manager and is responsible for ordering and distribution of aircraft parts and supplies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Position has significant contact with customers and vendors either in person, on the telephone or through e-mail. Therefore a positive and professional image is required as the Parts Expeditor, many times, represents our customers/vendors first impression of our company.
- Opens and closes purchase orders.
- Ensure purchase orders are properly billed.
- Shipping, receiving, stocking, and maintaining inventory..
- Ensure internal bills are paid.
- File work orders when completed.
- Create purchase orders and send to vendors.
- Answer phones and dispatch to correct personnel.
- Complete and ensure accurate inventory.
- Coordinate with shipping and receiving to maintain supplies and inventory according to policy and usage needs.
- This position will join the 24/7 AOG On Call Rotation, working on those nights and weekends is required.
- Other duties as required
This work requires the following physical activities.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Industrial/Hangar environment.
- Office environment
Minimum Education Requirement:
- High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum Work Experience / Requirements:
- Prior experience working at a FAA Repair Station, preferred
- Prior experience working with aircraft parts and supply distribution (i.e. Honda Jet, Beech jet, Pilatus, King Air, etc.), preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal skills required. Position has significant interaction with our customers and vendors, including new aircraft/engine manufacturers.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Microsoft Office skills, including Excel required.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Detail-oriented and be able to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with aviation maintenance software a plus.
- Ability to arrive early or stay late as work load dictates, including an occasional Saturday if needed.
- Ability to pass background / drug-screening test.
- Clean driving record.
Ideal candidate will have the following work styles:
- Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Attention to detail
- Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior even in very difficult situations
- A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job
- Developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done
- Persistence in the face of obstacles