Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Patient Access Representative
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
$14. 89 - $19.20/hrFlourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
As "the champion of first impressions" our valued Patient Access professionals are key contributors to the overall patient experience. At Centura Health, you will maximize your talent for organization, operations, customer service and have plenty of opportunity to lead and guide change. You'll be seen as a valued resource as you collaborate with administration, management, physicians, and other staff members to support our patients, visitors and other customers.
Create a positive impression for each patient, family member, visitor or staff while performing the tasks of pre-admitting, admitting and/or registering, routing or escorting patients, family or visitors. The PAR will interview patients or relatives to obtain demographic and financial information required to complete the registration/admission and record the information in the electronic record system. The PAR will verify insurance benefits; explain financial requirements to the patient or patient representative, and collect the outstanding patient portion prior to or at the point of service. Will serve as a mentor to new associates and assist in new employee orientation.Primary Responsibilities Include: registration, insurance verification, cash collections, phone management, customer service, problem solving and workflow management.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 9am-7:30pmWhat You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Office experience in a healthcare environment, medical terminology, ability to multitask and prioritization skills preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Windows XP, Windows 7, utilization of website search engines.
- High School diploma required
- BLS or equivalent CPR-AED certification is required by Penrose Hospital and St Francis Medical Center
Physical Requirements - Sedentary work -(prolonged periods of sitting and exert up to 10lbs force occasionally)
*The position may require an online assessment once the application is submitted. The science behind these professionally designed assessments help companies better understand the compatibility and alignment between applicants and organizations, and provide information that can be discussed during the interview. Assessment results will remain part of your applicant record (counting toward additional application submissions). There is no "pass or fail" - it's just one more data point to help recruiters and hiring managers identify a role and department where individuals are most likely to experience success.Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!