Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Colorado Springs, CO
Patient Accounts Coding Manager
|Title:||Patient Accounts Coding Manager|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 26 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong Hospitality culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $52,335.11 to $60,185.38/Annually based on experience.
Summary of Benefits: https://www.peakvista.org/careers/employee-benefits-guide
Job Summary: Works in conjunction with the departments to ensure the required staff are optimally trained on coding, compliance with all regulatory standards and maximization of revenue to include ongoing training, auditing and verifying quality assurance standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains effective communication with the Patient Accounts staff, Revenue Cycle, Business Intelligence and other departments as necessary to assure identification of problems and to provide support and resolution.
- Leads the coding review process.
- Identifies potential new quality measures and creates proposals for training and auditing.
- Gathers data for interpretation and identifies unfavorable trends and will facilitate recommendations to improve procedures, strengthen controls, enhance revenue and improve cash flow in addition; training will be conducted, as needed to help ensure improved accuracy of billing/coding documentation.
- Provides operational guidance regarding coding requirements across payers, for maximized reimbursement.
- Support the Corporate Compliance programs in assuring compliance with federal, state, and company rules, regulations, policies etc.; with regard to billing processes.
- Assures the most economical utilization of time, materials, and resources to provide training to health personnel for optimal efficiency.
- Responsible for supervision of certified coding staff.
- Recommends hiring of new employees, transfers, promotions, salary actions, terminations, and performance management.
- Trains provider staff during orientation, and in ongoing situations, dependent on organizational need.
- Ensures training plans and materials are developed appropriately.
- Oversees and participates in provider training and orientation.
- Co-leads or leads project teams and works collaboratively and positively with all members of team.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: Patient Accounts Coder
Demonstrates strong leadership skills, knowledge and abilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensures that the appropriate personnel meet all job required competencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education.
Work Experience: 2 years coding experience, 2 years managerial experience
Computer Skills: Intermediate - ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; use and create a variety of templates, complex tables, merges; manage table data, sort and filter merges, and also perform basic work with existing Macros; customize toolbars, import and insert graphs, embed Excel data, and elaborate reports; work with multiple worksheets, filter data, use integrate functions, and manipulate databases; customize templates and the PowerPoint environment, and to make a presentation interactive by using hyperlinks and action buttons.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Remote work is not available*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes but is not limited to, a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employees I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com