Phoenix, AZ, United States
Patient Safety Attendant Per Diem Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Patient Safety Attendant - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager and with the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) performs nursing related services for pediatric through geriatric patients requiring increased monitoring greater than is available with general unit staff. This position is maintained in the Internal Resource Pool and floats to multiple units as needed. The PSA stays in assigned patient's room and is cognizant of patient's safety needs. This position notifies professional staff of the patient's needs and alerts them in case of an emergency. Documents on observation flow sheet and assists licensed nursing staff with cares as delegated. This position is assigned to support the provision of a safe environment for patients who meet the following criteria: a) suicidal patient b) administrative hold patient c) pediatric patient not boarded in a secured area and/or at risk of harm, d) impulsive e) self-injurious f) cognitively impaired/confused g) unsteady gait. The PSA works collaboratively with all members of the unit including the patient and family and is a vital component to patient care.
- Prefer a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer prior experience as a patient safety attendant in a hospital, nursing home or home care setting to medical or behavioral needs patients.
- Prefer one (1) year of hospital experience as a patient care assistant or patient safety attendant.
- Must successfully complete an approved Valleywise Health computer class.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center and will be required within 3 months.
- Must successfully complete EVE training within 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.