Phoenix, AZ, United States
Patient Service Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: VCHC Registration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager Patient Access, this position registers patients while ensuring accurate and timely processing of all accounts including the obtaining and validating demographic information, insurance information, and processing of necessary paperwork for patients appointments. This position obtains necessary verification insurance eligibility and collection of monies owed. Ensures AHCCCS verifications are processed on every self-pay or unverifiable payer source. This position works with management and other staff to identify and resolve issues that threaten billing and reimbursement.
Requires a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Requires one to two (1-2) years general clerical, customer service, or medical experience preferably in a healthcare environment involving data reconciliation.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must have the ability to travel to clinics throughout the system based on staffing needs.
- Requires excellent data entry skills including, 10-key by touch, and the ability to type 30 words per minute accurately.
- Basic Math Skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate obtaining and validating demographic information to accurately and timely complete the patients medical record.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Critical thinking skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bilingual preferred.