Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- Manages and posts electronic payment files from various sources, sellers, and previous servicers.
- Processes Loan Modification files.
- Drafts letters to customer regarding payments received on credit balance accounts.
- Contacts Sellers, Attorneys, etc. regarding payment files and payments.
- Researches and resolves credit balances for all account types for all servicing systems and provide backup describing why refund is due.
- Researches and resolves account related questions for multiple systems.
- Processes NSFs, Stop Payments, etc. in FTM.
- Researches and resolves exceptions in FTM.
- Processes unapplied jobs daily for secured and unsecured in Servicing Director.
- Processes payoffs.
- Researches and processes escrow surplus and overpayments on mortgage accounts.
- Researches and resolves issues for Payment Processor Inbox and 125 Inbox. Pulls reports from Money Gram and Western Union.
- Researches bankruptcy information and payments; completes interest adjustments as appropriate.
- Works with Foreclosure, Loan Servicing, etc. regarding payment issues (post, return, etc.).
- Create files and post payments and reversals in Servicing Director.
- Creates refund file and verifies validity of refunds; submits to Accounting for cutting of checks.
- Generates manual check requests, wire and ACH requests for urgent refunds.
- Drafts letters, add notes to accounts and verifies back up paperwork for refunds.
- Work task list timely.
- Receives and posts wires and ach payments in Servicing Director.
- Associates Degree or higher and/or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge/ability to work in Servicing Director and lockbox exception queue.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage work in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and SQL.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
* Three weeks PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.